This is a temporary page for TXCURE.org
Provided on behalf of Texas Jail Project
- How to make a complaint about a county jail
- How to file a complaint with Texas Medical Board against physicians and physicians assistants if your loved one is experiencing medical neglect or abuse
- How to complete a Disability Rights Texas intake form if your loved one with a disability is experiencing abuse or neglect in a jail
- Find your Local Mental Health Authority or Behavioral Health Authority
- Are you having issues with your court-appointed attorney?
- Request legal help in Harris county
- For Participatory Defense resources contact Grassroots Leadership https://grassrootsleadership.org/contact
- If your loved one is pregnant in a county jail, we recommend reviewing this page on our website.
- Contact TCJS immediately if your pregnant loved one is experiencing crisis in jail, following the steps above
- If you have questions about guardianship of children born while a parent is incarcerated, please contact a family attorney. This guardianship authorization form has been used by some of our community members in the past. This does not constitute legal advice.
- Contact your local elected officials
- Resources from Texas Fair Defense Project
“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lord
Thank you for your understanding and support. We’ll talk to you soon.
Texas Jail Project Team
Krish, Dalila, Gabriela, & Tamera